--- Our high-quality triple scale hydrometers give accurate readings everytime ---
Triple Scale Hydrometer Kit
Triple Scale Hydrometer
1. Is the hydrometer made of glass?
Yes, our triple scale hydrometers are made of glass.
2. What temperature is the hydrometer calibrated at?
Our hydrometers are calibrated to 60°F. Our ebook and instructions both include a guide on how to calculate your Specific Gravity reading for different temperatures.
3. What is the best way to transfer wort to the cylinder?
We recommend using a wine thief, which is designed for this specific purpose. Remember not to add the liquid that you took out back to your wort, this will contaminate the batch.
4. What is the test cylinder made of?
Our test cylinders are made of plastic. We actually prefer plastic test cylinders as they will not break if you drop them. We have learned our lesson with glass cylinders, they are very fragile and will break if they a knocked over.
5. Do your hydrometers measure Alcohol by Volume of spirits?
Our specific gravity hydrometers measure alcohol by volume up to 20%, so they are not appropriate for measuring the alcohol content of spirits or moonshine. Proof and tralle hydrometers will do the trick in that case.
6. Are you hydrometers considered precision hydrometers?
Yes, our triple scale hydrometers are high-quality and if used correctly will give very accurate readings that can be relied on. We use industry-standard scales and our products are regularly used in industrial settings by breweries.
7. Can the hydrometer be used for hard cider?
Yes, our triple scale hydrometers work for beer, wine, mead and cider. As long as the alcohol by volume is less than 20%.